Feedback and Complaints
Handling Feedback and Complaints
DNI is committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with our service users, donors, supporters and the general public are of the highest possible standard. We listen and respond to any views, feedback or complaints so that we can continue to improve. DNI welcomes both positive and negative feedback. Therefore, we aim to ensure that:
- it is as easy as possible to give feedback or to make a complaint;
- we treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response;
- we treat the feedback and any complaint seriously whether it is made by telephone, letter, email or in person;
- we endeavor to deal with any feedback or complaint as quickly and politely as possible;
- we respond appropriately – for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, and information on any action taken etc;
- we learn from feedback and complaints, use them to improve, and monitor their nature and handling at our Board.
What to do if you have feedback
If you have feedback or a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact DNI in writing or by telephone. In the first instance, your feedback or complaint will be dealt with by the Assistant Manager, the COO or the Clinical Director, depending on its nature. Please give us as much information as possible with regard to your comment and/or complaint. Please note that the DNI holds information under the guidance of the current GDPR legislation. Please let us know how you would like us to respond to you, providing relevant contact details. Our contact details are available on our website or by telephone on 01-8545033
What happens next?
Step 1: If you register feedback or complaint in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then.
If you have telephoned us or registered your feedback or complaint in person and we cannot resolve it at that time, or if you wish to register your feedback or complaint by email or in writing, then we will acknowledge your feedback or complaint within 3 days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 21 days.
If this is not possible, we will explain why and provide a new deadline.
What if the feedback or complaint is not resolved?
If you are not happy with our response, you may get in touch again by writing to the board of DNI through the Chairman, at the charity address listed on the website. The Chairman will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level and will respond within two weeks of this consideration by Board members at a board meeting. Please note that board meetings take place at least 4 times a year.
Step 2: Ideally in the first instance you should address your feedback or complaint to the DNI as outlined above.
You may however at any stage make your complaint to the Charities Regulator who oversee charities compliance.
If you wish to contact them regarding a concern, you must complete their online concerns form at www.charitiesregulator.ie